Sunday 13 March 2011

Skin & Care talk: Evolve Single cream & Nude Advanced Cellular Renewing Serum

Natural and organic products have gotten better over the years. They evolved, which is also the name of one of the products I will talk about today.

First, I'd like to say that I am not planning to review these two products elaborately. I already think that giving out a review on skincare is quite difficult, as there are so many skintypes, and my type could be completely opposite than yours.

But it never hurts to give out my two cents about these products.

The first one: Evolve Multi Action Single Cream: was a daycream I purchases this summer. Oh, delightful summer! And how bleak the winter was after that...


Anyway, there is a Single version and a thicker version. I picked Single, well, because I was single at the time being, LOL. Yeh, and the lighter constency seemed to be the best bet for summer skin-needs.

One of the main ingredients of this mixture is Argan oil. Argan oil is a terrific anti-aging oil. It has more benefits, which you can read over here or here.

And you can read some of the information on the back of the bottle I pictured beneath:


There is no ingredient list listed on the bottle, but I got one from their website:

Aqua (water), Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil , Parfum , Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil , Cocos nucifera , Sesamium indicum , Candellila/Jojoba/Rice Bran Polyglyceryl-3 Esters  , Glyceryl Stearate , Cetearyl Alcohol , Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil , Butyrospermum parkii butter , Dipalmitoyl hydroxyproline , Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate , Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Protein , Magnesium Aluminium Silicate , Mannitol , Lactic Acid , Dehydroacetic acid ,

Pros:
  • The bottle comes with a hygienic pump applicator
  • cute colour
  • relatively good bargain
  • almost unscented
  • organic and eco friendly(no nasties, according to them)
  • fairtrade
Cons:
  • It does not absorb well into the skin, and leaves a bit of a film on it
  • So, it hardly moisturizes


Yeh, this is one of the products that would be Perfect, IF ONLY...

Well, actually the thing it is supposed to do is the thing it does not do: the basic stuff - Penetrate into the skin and adding a bit of moisture (at least).

Mmm...(that is a not so positive "mmmm") It absolutely lacks 'multi action'.


From that perspective, I have found a better product that actually does what it says.

Nude Advanced Cellular Renewing Serum:



Ingredients: (from their website)
 water (aqua), bifida ferment lysate (milk), glycerine (plant sources), propanediol (corn sugar), simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, oryza sativa (rice) hull powder, xanthan gum (fermented sugar), sodium hyaluronate (lactic acid and wheat), chondrus crispus (Irish moss), undaria pinnatifida extract (Japanese sea kelp), lactose (milk), alpha-glucan oligosaccharide (corn and beet), whey protein (lactis proteinum), arginine (plant sources), galactaric acid (apple pectin), tocopherol (vitamin E), lactic acid (sugar and beet), helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, natural fragrance (parfum), phenoxyethanol, potassium sorbate, sodium dehydroacetate, sodium benzoate, linalool (essential oil), limonene (essential oil).

Pros:
  • absorbs easily into the skin (after a minute)
  • as good as scentless
  • REDUCES SENSITIVITY
  • lots of celebrity praise (yeh, and they have lots of cash so it must do something if they opt for this one), especially from one of my fave 90s models and contemporary business/creative maven Helena Christenson
  • Peptides, not sure if they work yet, but I finished a whole bottle and I haven't aged that much yet ;P 
  • Antioxidant Japanese Sea Kelp (I like marine-type of anti-agers)
  • 'biocompatable' skincare- mmm, a new term to lure in the consumers. Not sure what it is about, but it sounds healthy
  • Natural skincare
Cons:
  • expensive
  • glass bottle...although sturdy (I dropped it once and it was unharmed)
  • One of those dropper bottles...I prefer a pump for hygienic reasons and I believe the potion stays fresh and the ingredients work longer when the product stays inside for as long as possible.

Overal, Naturally based skincare has involved indeed, but I haven't found it in Evolve, but in the Nude Serum instead.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can see that you’re an expert in this region. I am starting an internet site soon, and your information will be very helpful for me.. Thank you for all of your help and wishing you all the success inside your business.
Acne Chicago