Monday 16 April 2012

Kose Addiction Cheek stick Revenge

It's time for another Addiction. Curiosity and the marvelous review of DrivellerKate got the best of me, and I'm glad that it did.

I bought this one a month ago. I hadn't been reviewing it yet because I hadn't edited the pictures. My fave site for it, picnik.com, is closing soon so I had to go through some of my files and edit them before I have to get used to another photo-ed site.

Why Revenge? Because it looks sweet...hahaha. Actually because it was rated really high as a good lipproduct as well, and we all know the hybrid products sometimes are not so hybrid (dualuse friendly) at all, I really wanted to see if a bright coral would be a good lip product.
Also because Amazing looked too cool pink for my complexion and Rose Bar (here) was a bit too familiar in my cream-cheek stash. Kate also featured Suspicious in this post, but that one is more Autumny to me right now.


The colour is a vivid coral. It actually is not corresponding with the outside of the packaging. See how the holder is a rosy pink and the lipstick/cheekstick is actually a coral?
Close up of the lipstick:

The colour is a glowy but non-glittery/shimmery/flecksy pinky coral that is bright!


Verdict:
  • This is indeed a true hybrid product: both suitable as a good and flattering lipstick as a beautiful and easy-to-spread cheekcolour
  • it might not be a superoriginal pinky coral, but it has a superior texture. 
  • And incredibly travel friendly.
  • It's expensive for  €38.55 (current rate at ichibankao)
  • And it's small: at 3.8 gr a true lipstick size
  • But it delivers better as a dual product such as the NARS multiples, Bobbi Brown Creampots,etc.
  • The colour is really perfect for my complexion: both as cheek & lip product.
  • I believe this one is quite universal: it has both enough cool & warm tones and is pigmented for darker complexions

Conclusion:

I absolutely love it. It's mighty expensive but I will probably buy the one in Romantic (not Romantic because it looks too shimmery in this swatch, but prob Rose Bar) in the future.

1 comment:

Pammy said...

It's gorgeous! I am quite unsure of dual-purpose products but the shade of this one is definitely a looker for me. And if it works both as a blush and lip color, then I think it could very well be worth the price tag. :) Lovely choice of colour.