Saturday 7 September 2013

Kose Addiction Cheek Polish in Tadzio 06

Kose Addiction +  new cheek product + new colours = obsession
That is the simple math for today. I had to buy this new cheek Polish and the only debate was:
1. would I stick to one colour?
2. what colour(s)

I decided to keep it on the modest side and picked one, in a colour that looked like a muted rosy pink online: Tadzio 06

Though I was enticed by the shader-like colour of Chic or the softer pink hue of Swingin':

The idea was that I loved the colour-scheme on the Autumn '13 model/face, who, besides being stunning, wears the type of colours I really crave.

Did you know she can blink really sweet for it in the animated video (besides of the standard 'turned-on'-gaze)
always good marketing: 'extase' face on a pretty model
Anyway, the descriptions are not something I can deciper yet. Perhaps I will go on a Japanese course one day. I'd love to visit Tokyo, for sure:

However, 12 ml is a generous amount of product. Indeed, the bottle reminds me of a Rescue Beauty Nailpolish tube:

And if you'd show this to your hapless boyfriend (male friend/brother): he wouldn't think it was a blush either. Totally nailpolish brush:

Swatch [with flash]
 
 Initially, I thought the idea of the muted Rosy Pink was more of a bright Rosy pink.

Swatch, unblended (natural daylight):
 

Swatch: slightly unblended, flash:
The colour is indeed brighter than I anticipated for. On the other hand, it is a colour that I do not have yet and bridges the gap between a poppy pink and a muted rose. Also, the wonderful way to perk up morning (maturing) skin.

Close Up:
So I mentured 'maturing skin' (oh, how we love these euphinism for 'older', right?). The close up shows how wonderfully it blends over imperfect skin. I am absolutely no blending pro and this blending has not been done with sophisticated brushes, just hands.

Verdict:
  • Novelty: wonderful new colours
  • Packaging: matte glass bottle is gorgeous, just a bit unhandy
  • Hygiene: I'd suggest putting it from the brush to a clean spatula to keep it hygienic
  • Pigment-value: incredibly pigmented. Personally, I had to tone it down with a tad of highlighter but excellent for the people who like visible colour
  • Blendablity: really good. Even for the fast or unprecise.
  • Colour: perfect prep-up for tired skin with a neutral/cooler undertone. Also, for people not really liking poppy pinks but still like a dash of freshness.
  • Uniqueness: I'm a blush-o-holic but I haven't thought of a good dupe yet, colour-wise. As for the formula, there are similar products but not that many.
  • Price: mid-to-expensive. About similar price as those new Chanel Le Blush Crèmes, only more value (more product), more original colours & better pigmentation.
CONCLUSION:
I have to be dodgy to say "I'm in love". And if I wasn't, the blush I am wearing could have fooled you. 

3 comments:

Sharlynn said...

Omg...this is so amazing. I too thought it was nail polish until I read your post! I'm getting my best friend to send me a few japanese make up bits and addiction is a brand I definitely want to try stuff from! The shade is lovely and is so nice when blended out!

Bellyhead said...

I love how weirdly novel and nail polish like the containers are! I'm afraid I've ordered yet another Revenge to complete my Revenge Revenge Revenge trifecta, but also this one you'v reviewed as well. I'm loving how opaque and intense it looks on your arm but so lovely on your skin!!

birkinbagbeauty said...

Hi Sharlynn,
wow, to fool a makeup-pro like you that it was not a nailpolish...;). I think you should ask your friend to pick up various colours, and I think the Swingin' will look really gorgeous with your peaches-n-cream complexion

Hi Bellyhead,

hehehe, the Revenge one had me going on too (though I only have the stick). But I'm glad I picked this one as they are really pigmented and Revenge is such a vivid hue in the softer sticks already...