Sunday 29 March 2015

Burberry wet & dry silk in Nude and Shell, It's like 'the Litte Mermaid' ta(i)le

I have been feeling like a topsy-turvy 'My little Mermaid' since playing with my new Burberry Wet & Dry Silk Eyeshadows


So yeh, this is not going to be a full-on review, you probably seen a couple of those, but something about playing with water & eyeshadows. 

In the first place,  what's in a name? Well, an eyeshadow that's not afraid to get wet. The makeup aficionados already know that most eyeshadows can perform well with a bit of moisture, preferably a suitable liquid like Mac Mixing Media, or it's dupes.

But just like the Little mermaid who went dry, there will be consequences? Or not?

The aesthetics:


Ok, so I've been applying a moist brush directly on the pan on this colour: Nude.

Again:

DO.NOT.DO if you like your pan pretty and with the Bur-checks for a while.

Hence, I left Shell untarnished for a while:

 Sibling comparing:



Because I decided I added the water after I got the powder out of the pan (onto the brush).

Tut Tut, after this aesthetics talk, what is the result between the dry vs the wet application:

 In general, both change colour. Nude gets more intense and slightly more golden green, even a hint of red in specific light. Shell actually waters down a bit, pun intended.

This pic has a better focus on Nude:

What a surprise! I actually prefer Nude in the wet/foiled version, so I do not regret denting it. As for my 'unwatered' pan of Shell, I actually prefer that one dry.
Perhaps because Shell functions as a highlighter and for daytime I steer away from an overly metallic glow on the browbone: that's so disco 70s!

 Overall, I really like both colours a lot! They stay on full-spectrum for a good 6 hours without primer [I haven't worn with primer yet]. I really like the versatility of applying them either wet or dry. Also the fact they change by water.

That means this is the Disney version of 'The little Mermaid' with the happy forever after...

3 comments:

Sharlynn said...

Omgoodness!!! Nude is soooo damn beautiful! I've been wanting to buy rosewood forever but this shade is sooo damn stunning! I must pick up a burberry shadow soon! Love how you showed them wet and dry!

Unknown said...

I got shell and really like it as well, will have to get nude now after seeing this post :)

birkinbagbeauty said...

hi Sharlynn,
thank you for your respons. Nude is absolutely gorgeous.

Hi Clare,
Fabulous, I´m glad these swatched helped for you